12.30.2010

Reading life review: December

The Witch of Blackbird Pond (Elizabeth George Speare)
Fiction. With the Girls Rule! Book Club. Terrific!

Ex Machina, Vol. 10: Term Limits (Brian K. Vaughan)
Graphic series. As I mentioned in here and here, I began this series because I loved Y: The Last Man (related entries here and here). Term Limits brings this compelling series to an appropriately ambivalent conclusion.

Full Dark, No Stars (Stephen King)
Fiction.Meh. I suppose one of these years I'll outgrow the need to give King "just one more chance" to get his fiction right again.

Virals (Kathy Reichs)
Fiction. From the author of the popular Temperance Brennan ("Bones") novels (which I haven't read). Fast-paced and not too deep, this novel, which is the first in a new series, features Brennan's niece.

Matched (Ally Condie)
Fiction. Hey. Haven't I read -- or seen -- this story before? It's a mash-up of The Giver, Twilight (the torn-between-two-lovers, teenage angst colored in purity, not the vampires and werewolves), and Logan's Run. Hell, I even caught a whiff of Fahrenheit 451 and Soylent Green.

No comments: